Notification of Pending Class Action Suit
YOU ARE NOT BEING SUED
You Are a Member of a Class Action Against Trans Union, LLC
- A class action lawsuit has been filed against the consumer reporting agency Trans Union, LLC (“Trans Union”) to redress how Trans Union handles certain consumer dispute letters.
- Trans Union’s records indicate that you are a member of the following Class certified by the Court:
For the period beginning December 5, 2016, all persons residing in the United States and its Territories to whom Trans Union sent its “502 Letter” in response to a written dispute of an inquiry.
- There has been no money or benefit recovered to date, and there is no guarantee that there will be money or a benefit available in the future. However, the Court did grant a motion certifying the above Class, and you have a choice to make now.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS LAWSUIT
Stay in this lawsuit. Await the outcome. Give up certain rights.
By doing nothing, you keep the possibility of getting money or benefits that may come from a trial on damages or a settlement. But, you give up any rights to sue Trans Union individually and to seek damages for the same legal claims that are in this lawsuit. Similarly, if you do nothing and Trans Union wins a trial on damages, you will lose your claims covered by this lawsuit.
ASK TO BE EXCLUDED
Remove yourself from this class action. Get no benefits or money. Keep certain rights.
If you ask to be excluded and money or benefits are awarded later, you will not share in that recovery. But, you keep any rights you may have to sue Trans Union separately about the same legal claims that are brought in this lawsuit.
- Your options are explained on this website and the notice you received. To ask to be excluded, you must act before June 18, 2021.
- The Plaintiff and his lawyers must prove the claims against the Defendant at trial. If money or benefits are awarded or obtained from Trans Union, you will be notified.
- Any questions? Please visit the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) or call toll-free 1-(800)-566-0596.
If you would like to update your address with the Class Administrator, please visit the Update Your Address section on this website.
If you would like to change your name with the Class Administrator, please visit Question 21 under the FAQs section on this website for more information.